We came. We walked. We got colored.

There was little sleep. Like, very little.

Like, we’re parents, we went for a mini vacation, and still woke up at 6am. Oh, and we were still late and getting lost pretty much everywhere.

I left my camera at home. And we had to go back and get it. And then I barely took it out, so all the photos for this are from Jesse and Kristy.

And we have a relationship with Home Depot now.

But we made the trek to St. Louis. And then started it with picking up Kristy at the airport.

This was the welcome she received. And it was epic. And Kyle hid. He was embarrassed.

Promptly, Kristy made her way into the cooler and started on the Jell-O shots. And then the GPS decided our hotel was too pointless to find. We found it, and the room..well, it looked like I wasn’t up to its standards.

After we unloaded, we went to Sports Authority to pick up our race day packets. Then went to Wal-Mart. Then went back to Sports Authority because apparently I left my I.D. We ended up in the Home Depot parking lot a good 8 times.

And then we began drinking. And ordered Pizza Hut. And drank. And then WE WENT TO BED AT 11pm WHAT IS THAT.

But it’s okay. Because at 6am we woke up and spent forever getting our makeup on (poor Kyle). And then I had to have breakfast. And then we left.

By the time we got there, it was PACKED. And when I say packed, I mean the interstate was backed up. Kyle ended up dropping us off at the Scottrade Center and we walked to the group of white shirts.

And after a few waves of people, we were off. And it was such a fucking blast. There’s no other way to put it. We hit the blue. And then yellow. And then orange. And then red/pink. And then color bombed at the finish. And Kyle wasn’t with us for the entire time.

Alfred, our team mascot, was.

And here’s the aftermath:

Team Legoman Flowerpants

Why Kyle’s colors are so vibrant, I have no idea. All I know is it was raining THE ENTIRE TIME, Kia and I jumped in puddles, the little kids were epic, and the color bomb caused us to dry heave. No, serious, the color bomb was amazing. But none of us could breathe. None of us could see. None of us could handle our stomachs insane need to lurch. But so worth it. I actually opened up one of Kristy’s green packets with my teeth, and in doing so sent about half the packet up my face. And up one nostril. Let’s just say I STILL have very Irish “uckies” in my nose.

After it was done and over with, we hopped in the car and headed back to the hotel, where we had to shower. A lot. Like, had to wash ourselves 50 bajillion times. I’m still colors in certain places.

Kristy claimed she was a mermaid.

Hours after the showers, we headed out to a local hole in the wall called Mattingly’s. And, let me just put this out there, I’m debating on moving. Just for this place.

So much deliciousness. SO MUCH, DUDES. Be jealous.

We went back to the hotel, slept, and then we had to take Kristy back to the airport. Where she almost missed her flight, because apparently everyone wanted to fly on Sunday. But she made it. And then we came home. And now it’s back to the routine.

God, this weekend was such a blast. I think it should be a yearly thing.

About The Ninja

Mother, wife, pet owner, ninja.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to We came. We walked. We got colored.

  1. Pingback: Had to kick the craving. | theninjaherself

  2. Pingback: 2013. Has. Been. Amazing. | theninjaherself

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s